The Perpetuity Principle has been developed over the past 4 years to help guide promising practices and better programming for the K-12 Land Trust Community of Practice. In this workshop participants will explore how every land trust can have an enduring K-12 Perpetuity Program. In March 2020 we launched the Learning Landscapes K-12 Leadership Summit with 15 land trusts from Florida, North Carolina, Tennessee, Maine, New York, Michigan, Wyoming, Idaho and California. Through the pandemic commitments were made and programs forged. Summits in 2020, 2021, and 2022 were integrated with monthly support sessions to deepen purpose and extend practices.
Specific Perpetuity Program Practices include:
- Perpetuity Atlas: Program Mapping an Enduring Design
- Equity, Diversity, Justice, and Inclusion
- Collective Evaluation: Logic Model, Theory of Change, and Outcomes & Impacts
- Place-based Learning and Stewardship: Climate
- Proximity & Frequency: GreenSchoolyards & Near Nature
Session Level: Intermediate Session Location: Marriott New Orleans