Alliance In-Person Meeting Policies and Commitment to Safety
The Land Trust Alliance is committed to your safety during its in-person events and we want you to be aware of the protocols and requirements for Alliance-hosted in-person events.
COVID-19 vaccination will be required for attendees and guests and masking will be strongly recommended, but not required, when indoors in public spaces unless actively eating or drinking. Exemptions will only be considered for attendees with a note from a medical doctor advising against vaccination.
Alliance COVID-19 policies may be updated based on local conditions and public health guidelines that may be implemented or changed between now and when we convene. By entering any Land Trust Alliance hosted in-person meeting you are agreeing that you will assess your health daily before and during the event.
Do not attend if any of the following is true for you:
- Within 48 hours prior to attending the event, you have experienced symptoms of COVID-19 (a fever of 100.3°F or higher, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking muscle pain/achiness, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, nasal congestion, runny nose, vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue, or any other symptoms associated with COVID-19 identified by the CDC)
- Within 10 days prior to attending the event, you have tested positive for COVID-19.
- Within 10 days prior to attending the event, you have been in close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19 and you were not fully vaccinated at the time of the close contact.
- Within 10 days prior to attending the event, you have travelled to an international territory identified by federal or applicable state or local governments as being subject to COVID-19 travel/quarantine advisories, and you are not exempt from such advisories due to vaccination status
When you register, you will be asked to agree to these policies.
Attendees also acknowledge and assume all of the risk of contracting COVID-19 at such in-person events and agree to hold the Alliance harmless.
Closer to the event start date, you will be asked to complete screening questions via a legally compliant health management platform and will be asked to provide proof of vaccination. “Fully vaccinated” means that by event start date it will have been two weeks since receiving either 1) both doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or 2) the single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. A COVID-19 booster shot is also strongly encouraged. For medical exemption, you will be asked to provide a note from a medical doctor advising against vaccination.
Before the event:
- Complete your vaccinations no later than August 31, 2022
- Consider obtaining a COVID-19 booster
- Provide proof of vaccination for COVID-19.
At the event:
- Wear a mask.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or use hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol.
- Leave the event immediately if you develop symptoms of COVID-19, even if you are fully vaccinated.
When you get home:
- Stay home and get tested if you develop any symptoms of COVID-19, even if you are fully vaccinated.
- If you test positive for COVID-19 within 14 days after attending the event or develop symptoms of COVID-19 within 14 days after attending the event and later test positive, notify email@example.com.
If you have any questions, or need to request an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
City of New Orleans
Covid-19 current guidelines>>
Frequently Asked Questions:
Will I have to wear a mask?
At this time, masks are not required, but are strongly recommended. We will continue to monitor local conditions and public health guidelines and may make adjustments, if needed. The Land Trust Alliance will have a limited supply masks available for attendees.
What does “fully vaccinated” mean?
Attendees must be fully vaccinated. For US-based attendees, this means two doses of Moderna or Pfizer; one dose of Johnson & Johnson; all completed at least 14 days prior to arrival. For international attendees, the documented vaccine/booster must be among those approved for emergency use by the World Health Organization. Exemptions will only be considered for attendees with a note from a medical doctor advising against vaccination. Information on how to provide vaccination information for pre-verification will be sent directly to registered attendees later in the Summer. For the purposes of attending Rally 2022, one is considered fully vaccinated if they received their final vaccination on or before August 31, 2022.
Are exhibitors, presenters and attendees screened for signs of illness?
Every individual participating in person is required to agree to abide by The Land Trust Alliance’s COVID-19 protocols upon registration. All attendees will be required to complete the following:
- Register with the Rally 2022 online wellness tool (forthcoming this Summer)
- Upload a copy of proof of vaccination so long as the final dose of the vaccine was administered no later than August 31, 2022.
Rally attendees, partners and presenters are asked to self-monitor their health while attending the event. The Land Trust Alliance will have an onsite wellness coordinator to answer any questions you may have or direct to the appropriate resources while we are in New Orleans. You can contact the wellness coordinator at email@example.com. Masks and hand sanitizer are available at the wellness station, and hand sanitizing stations are provided throughout the conference space.
What if I feel unwell while I’m New Orleans?
Please do not come to the conference if you develop symptoms associated with COVID-19, which include fever, cough, shortness of breath, among others. If you develop symptoms while within the conference space itself, please return to your room and notify the Wellness Coordinator at once. The Land Trust Alliance will maintain a list of medical facilities including urgent care facilities and hospitals should you wish to seek medical attention.
What if someone who attended Rally 2022 is later positive for COVID-19?
In-person attendees, partners and presenters agree to contact LTA at firstname.lastname@example.org if experiencing symptoms or testing positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of attending Rally 2022. The Land Trust Alliance is committed to protecting your privacy and will work with state officials to do contract tracing procedures.